Note: click on the underlined
words for pictures and links to information.
Sanbornton Historical Society
Tavern, Route 132, Sanbornton Square
2009 SHS Programs and Special
Wednesdays of the months of April-October, 7:00 PM at the Lane Tavern in
Sanbornton Square, unless otherwise indicated.
- April 1: "Ice Harvesting: the Farm's First
Presenter: Bob Cottrell,
Director, Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm
Hosts: Lynn Chong
& Christine Hobby
- May 6: "The Civil War Soldier"
Presenter: Warren Sommers
Hosts: Vicky Abbot
- June 3: "Through the Eye of the Needle: WWII
Presenter: Robert Fortnam
Marlene Witham & Mary Caverly
- July 1: "A History of the Grange"
Presenter: Elizabeth Cotsibas
Hosts: The Tobin
- August 5: "Field Trip to Sanborn Mills,
Presenter: Colin Cabot
Hosts: Ellen Coulter &
Note: Carpools meet at the Lane Tavern at 5:00 PM
Tour of Sanborn Mills
- September 2: "Baked Beans & Fried Clams:
How Food Defines a Region"
Clark, a NH Humanities Council
Hosts: Joanne Dover & Nina Gardner
- October 7: Annual Meeting and Potluck
Supper: 6:00 PM
Hosts: Governing Board
- November 13, Friday, 7 PM: "A Wild and
Toilsome Life: The Old-time Loggers and Rivermen of the Great North Woods"
Presenter: Mike McKinley